SPUG: The future of SPUG

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Mon Jan 19 05:55:40 CST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Tim Maher wrote:

> I recommend that those interested in helping SPUG survive my
> "retirement" as leader should volunteer their services here, and also
> identify themselves over at the KeepSPUGaLive page at
> spugwiki.perlocity.org.

I have "volunteered" for managing web-sites, Wikis, and mailing lists (and
A/V support if needed) on the KeepSPUGaLive page. These are all things
I've been doing in some capacity for a while, both in and out of SPUG.

As an alternative on finding a SPUG leader by calling for volunteers, is
there any sense in calling for nominations? I just wonder if the right
leader is already known to us and just needs the appropriate arm-twisting.
Is there a way to do it without upsetting or embarrassing anyone?

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.