SPUG: Re: spug-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 12

Creede Lambard creede at penguinsinthenight.com
Wed Dec 29 10:27:06 CST 2004

Yep. Hash. I meant hash. *Associative* array. Honest I did. I also meant to
put the $ in front of ENV{}. Really. I'm sure it's because I had to get up
before my natural rising time of whenever in the afternoon I feel like it.
(Unfortunately my employer requires this of me as well . . . )

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 11:00:31AM -0500, bergeron at stu.beloit.edu wrote:
> I would just point out that %ENV is a builtin hash, not an
> array, although they're sort of interchangable in perl.
>
> I'm also not sure what Sachin means when he says "> i am
> using path /usr/bin/perl for executing a perl .pm file from
> within the file".  Sachin, are you trying to include a
> perlmod here, or actually execute another perl script?
>
> Nick
>
> You're probably doing something like using ENV() (with
> parentheses) instead
> of ENV{} (with curly brackets). ENV{} is a builtin array

                               * .~. (   : Creede Lambard         :
 Never rush a miracle man.    . / V \  . :------------------------:
 You get lousy miracles.       /(   )\   : creede at              :
 Linux. Reliable and free. Pick any two. :         dot com        :