SPUG: RE - using ActivePerl coming from UNIX land

Dave Coleman coleman_dave at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 15:44:33 CST 2004

Brian ( and any other SPUGsters interested )
  I use ActivePerl for most everything, as my current employer is afriad of
things with x's in their names.  I have worked on UNIX systems, but not
nearly as much.  For the most part, I don't think you'll have any  problems,
unless you really like to use system commands.  The biggest hassle you will
have is trying to communicate with ActivePerl programmers using UNIX world
terms.  I would be more than happy to assist in any way I can, although I
doubt you'll have any trouble.

-SPUGsters,
I'm considering using ActivePerl for my next project. I've only programmed
PERL under UNIX (SGI, SUN, FreeBSD, Linux) previously so I'm wondering what
it would be like using ActivePerl. Is it a hassle, simple, ?

Any opinions?

Thanks,

-Brian Schieber
Vashon, WA