SPUG: Bug in shebang parsing?

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Fri Aug 6 01:32:31 CDT 2004

Tim Maher <tim at consultix-inc.com> writes:

> I've either found a bug in Perl, or there's an undocumented
> "feature" that I've suddenly run into for the first time.
> Either way, /I don't like it/! 8-{

Tim,

    It sounds like you're bumping into enough of these she-bang issues
    that it would behoove you to look at the code that implements the
    command line processing, especially since you're depending on them
    for your "Minimal Perl". It may be spooky C code, but you only
    have to read/understand it, not modify it. I know that your early
    AT&T history gives you the skills to do that. Heck, back then you
    had to know C just to dial the phone.

SPUG,

    Anyone know the code base enough to point Tim in the right
    direction?

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!