SPUG: Amazon Tech. Recruiting Event

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Sep 22 23:57:52 CDT 2003

(This message is going out to and gslug-general.  I'm bcc'ing a few
-admin addresses for other UGs out here to allow the administrators
to decide if it's on topic for their list or not.)

An Amazon recruiter I know[1] asked me to let local Linux folks know
about an upcoming recruitment event they're having.  Their 'glossy'
ad is at the following URL:

  http://www.harvestadsdepot.com/nwclassified/outgoing/E228008201.245.htm

And the ad + additional text is at

  http://tinyurl.com/oa7z

and I'll include some of the text below.  See the above two URLs
for it in full.

The short version:

They're looking for a bunch of techies, and are having an
'invitation-only' interview/meeting with their CTO.  Email
your resume to the address listed in the ad to find out more.

[1] Our kids go to the same day care - I had no idea I knew any
    Amazon recruiters...

------------

Amazing Careers for Smart Engineers

Why do smart engineers enjoy working at Amazon.com? We asked them. They
told us they get to work on some of the planet's most complex challenges
in large scale computing. They get to work with smart experienced people
on small cross-functional teams. And, they know that their hard work
helps us create a world class customer experience for the millions of
people who use.Amazon.com.
Software Development Engineers - UI (Web Development Engineers)

We seek smart, results oriented and customer-focused people who write
code and build systems to solve real business problems. Our Software
Engineers require knowledge of Object Oriented design and development,
experience building large-scale systems in C++ or Java on UNIX or Linux,
and algorithms expertise. Our Software Development Engineers-UI/Web
Development Engineers must have experience with Perl/Mason to build
software for the presentation layer, as well as proficiency in
usability/HCI, C/C++ Javascript, DHTML and Flash. A Computer Science or
Math degree and 7+ years' experience are preferred for both positions.

We'll be holding several invite only interview days in early October
Participants can attend a special presentation from our CTO.

Please email your resume directly to: anna at amazon.com. Please indicate
"CTO" in the subject line include info on the type of challenges you'd
enjoy most, and let us know your availability for an in-person
interview.