SPUG: a technique for avoiding circularity

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes sthoenna at efn.org
Wed Sep 17 15:13:39 CDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 12:27:27PM -0700, Fred Morris <m3047 at inwa.net> wrote:
> With that apologaeia here is an old, tried and true technique which is
> particularly convenient given Perl's free and easy attitude towards name
> spaces (although it can be accomplished in almost any language with a
> little bit of craft). With a nod to Asa Mercer, I hope you enjoy it.
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
..
> print "after: ", Market::markets(), "\n";

> MEETINGS: 3rd Tuesdays, U-District, Seattle WA
> WEB PAGE: http://www.seattleperl.org

Just a formatting comment:  if you put an __END__ at the end of your
code, those with a decent mail reader can just pipe your message
to "perl -x" to run it (only needed because the list appends stuff
to your message).

--
seattle culture junkies: my wife highly recommends Seattle Shakespeare
Company's Measure for Measure production, opening tomorrow ("Pay What