SPUG: 'Last chance' for Nmap scans.

Brian Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Sun Sep 14 00:47:41 CDT 2003

The newest Nmap scanner, with it's new service fingerprinting
feature, is likely going to be released next week.  As one of
the beta testers, I'd love to have it populated with as many
fingerprints as possible when it ships.

If anyone has a machine or machines that they'd be willing for
me to scan, please email me back.  The 'requirements' are as
follows:

	* machine/machines need to be reachable from the Internet.

	* machine/machines are yours, or you have permission to
	  give me permission to scan them.

	* if unknown services are found, you would be willing
	  to look up and tell me the name and version of the
	  software that's listening on that port.

I'm particularly interested in any SSL services, as I helped
add the SSL support and would like to test it on as many different
machines as possible.

If you're interested, just send me an email.  All scans
will come from my server IP addr 216.162.217.155, I'll
tell you when I begin and end the scans, and send you
the report when done even if it doesn't find anything
interesting.  If you want to be really trusting and
turn off any firewall for that port, all the better.

--
Brian Hatch                  There is no god but good,
   Systems and                And Occam is his Prophet.

Every message PGP signed