SPUG: Software to expand contractions?

Dan Ebert mathin at mathin.com
Mon Oct 27 09:45:04 CST 2003

Since we're on a grammar thread ... that should be 'fewer words to
read.'  Less is used for a matter of degree or with items like these:

add less water (but fewer water molecules)
have less money (but fewer dollars)

I think the rule is something to do with the plural (use fewer with a
pluralized word) but am not sure.

(Sorry, one of my pet peeves are the signs at the grocery checkouts that
say '10 items or less.')

:)

Dan.