SPUG: Osoft guys want to present "OSource Training" product

Colin Meyer cmeyer at helvella.org
Fri Nov 21 12:54:55 CST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:55:48AM -0800, Tim Maher wrote:
> SPUGsters,
>
> We have a proposal from a vendor for a talk in December on a new
> "Standardized training platform" for delivery of "Open Source
> referenceware, training contentt, and code".

[...]

> Let me know what you think . . . the proposal follows.

If the presentation is about the problem, its difficulties and how they
were overcome by the use of Perl, then it sounds great. If the
presentation is about how good their software is, and why I need to use
it, then I won't attend.

It is unclear from the proposal what sort of talk it will be, though
it does mention that the software will be offered as an open source
product.

SPUG has a superb track record of excellent technical talks, with no
sales pitches. Let's keep it that way!

-Colin.