SPUG:April 8th Array(bio) Meeting

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Mar 31 12:33:28 CST 2003

SPUGsters,

I've been asked by the announcer to post this announcement to
the SPUG list, on the assumption that some of our members might
be interested.  I'll do it this time, but given my impression
that it's only a handful of SPUGsters who are truly interested,
those folks should arrange to get this information directly
from the source in the future.

| Tim Maher, Ph.D.            tim at timmaher.org        |
| JAWCAR ("Just Another White-Camel Award Recipient") |
| SPUG Founder & Leader       spug at seattleperl.org    |
| Seattle Perl Users Group    www.seattleperl.org     |

Dear Colleagues,

Please join me for the fourth meeting of array(bio), biology and
computing special interest group at 6:00PM on April 8th at the Lake
Washington Rowing Club (see attachment for directions). The Rowing Club
is made available to us thanks to the generous sponsorship of LRIG-NW (
www.lrig.org <http://www.lrig.org> ).

Our April 8th meeting will focus on: Genomics and the FDA

Microarrays offer researchers tremendous opportunities to truly
understand underlying biological causes of disease. As microarrays
become more routinely used in drug and diagnostic discovery, the FDA
recognizes that they must adapt their current regulatory processes to
incorporate these new technologies.

array(bio) is delighted to welcome Dr. Gerald van Belle from the
University of Washington and Dr. Lue Ping Zhao from Enodar Biologic. Our
presenters will tackle the question, "How does the FDA plan to adapt its
present regulatory practices and guidelines to these new technologies?"

For additional background information about the FDA and
microarrays, please see the attached article titled "Medical
applications of microarray technologies: a regulatory science perspective"

There is no charge for the meeting. Please feel free to forward this
message to anyone you feel would have an interest in this subject.

If you would like to attend the meeting, please RSVP  to me so we can
plan accordingly.

For more information about array(bio) go to www.arraybio.org
<http://www.arraybio.org/> .

Thank you in advance,

Eric Olson
VizX Labs, LLC
206-336-5607
eric at vizxlabs.com

About array(bio)
With the ground breaking work of leaders such as the UW, Fred Hutchinson
Cancer Research Center, the Institute for Systems Biology and Rosetta
(Merck), Washington State is well positioned to be at the center of
the emerging field of bioinformation.

The objective of array(bio) is to connect leaders in biology, software
and business to help fuel communication and foster entrepreneurship.

Participating Organizations:
Affymetrix
Amgen
Cellular Therapeutics Inc.