SPUG:Perllocal.mod

Myhre, Julie JMyhre at ctiseattle.com
Mon Mar 24 12:10:53 CST 2003

Hello,

This is a re-post as I was not yet a member when I first sent this out....
As a recently hired sysadmin, I have been newly dumped into the perl world, and one of my developer coworkers noticed perllocal.pod sitting in /.

The little I know about this file is that it should live in $INSTALLARCHLIB (which evidently wasn't defined at compile time) and that it is meant simply to log the modules installed with MakeMaker.  I've also read some people's opinions of perllocal.mod - it isn't useful, doesn't track actual updates....

But:  is it necessary?  Can I delete it or should I just move it to a better place (and define the env. variable $INSTALLARCHLIB)?

Thanks for any info you can give on this naïve question!

Julie Myhre

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.