SPUG:Filemaker Pro access from perl?

Brian Hatch spug at ifokr.org
Wed Mar 5 18:36:29 CST 2003

> yes, you can use DBD::ODBC to do it (I've done it but the connection was
> pre-existing so I can't offer any help as far as BTDT on setting up the
> connection).
>
> I presume your friend is using FMPro on a mac rather than win32 version.

I have no idea currently.  May well be on a PC.  The client is
probably an OSX machine.

> your friends mac box will need to have (forgive my obviousness for
> mentioning this) an ODBC driver manager and the ODBC drivers for FMPro.

No, that's not obvious.  I'm totally comfortable in my Linux and
networked world, but ODBC is one of those scary foreign words that
means "doesn't work like a Unix-head would expect or want."

> I've not tried this with OSX but this might be helpful to you, if you can
> get some mileage out of this I hope it helps.

Thanks for the note.  Apparently FMPro can also have web access
using standard GET syntax, so I'll check both out and see what
I can get working faster.

--
Brian Hatch                  "No one listens to
   Systems and                poor Zathras."

Every message PGP signed