SPUG:Damian Welcome Party?

Fred Morris m3047 at inwa.net
Fri Jun 27 20:47:51 CDT 2003

>> I'm guessing that the Rock Bottom tavern on 5th and University
>> migiht be a suitable location, but I'm not sure what hotel
>> Damian's booked in yet.
>>
>> What say you on that point, Mate?  D'ya reckon you'll be in
>> that part of downtown, like last time?
>
>Damian tells me he'll be staying near the Key Arena, so can somebody
>recommend a good geekly restaurant in that vicinity for a SPUGly
>rendezvous around 7:15pm Saturday ?

Wait a sec, was that "geekly" or "greekly"? No matter: The Blob is gone. Of
course, Paul's homage to plastic soldiers and bic lighters has arisen in
its place... or near enough.

Well, lessee... there is of course the Starlight Lounge (or whatever that
is), obviously. Or, the Tiki (or whatever) 80s retro lounge. Or, the pizza
place at the top of the counterbalance (or any number of alternatives...
easy hiking if you make it up the hill). Afraid to say, he's in the middle
of one of those gentrified slums... Not sure it was to begin with, but now
there's just the former armory and wotnot... terrorist magnets all, I'm
sure... Nawwwp, I am *not* going to the Melting Pot, or anything in close
proximity to it.

Best bet is to beat a hasty retreat into Belltown... uncertain ground. I
recall some pizza warehouse kinda place from my childhood, which appears to
still be there. Well, there's the DogHouse nee Hurricane... a true Seattle
landmark and the stuff of detective novels.

How about grilling steaks in a park? You know if you bring a kite, you will
not be busted for drinking from an open container... don't ask me how I
know!

--

FWM
m3047 at inwa.net