SPUG:Damian Welcome Party?

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Fri Jun 27 19:36:23 CDT 2003

SPUGsters,

Crikey!  Who's that fair dinkum Aussie I see approaching across
the billabong?  Ain't he a little beauty!  Just look at those
bulgy muscles, shiny coat, and wonderfully convoluted brains!

It's none other than our good friend and Guru, "The Damian",
who will be arriving at SeaTac tomorrow evening. I'll be driving
down from Ballard to collect him and drop him at his downtown
hotel, so I figure we might as well make a SPUGly party out
of it!

So here's the deal: anybody who wants to come along check
with me in advance for carpool-seating availability, and then
show up at my house (1753 NW 62nd St., 98107) by 5:30pm, and
we'll get The Damian together, and possibly have some dinner
and drinks afterwards (although be forewarned, the Big D,
who will be on East-coast time and possibly cranky 8-}, may
beg off a bit early).

If anybody wants to meet up with us at the airport, he'll be
arriving on American 2889 from Dallas, slated for 6:30pm,
but of course you can't exactly wait at the gate these days;
on the other hand, he'll have checked baggage, so it's probably
best to meet us at the carousel.

If we know far enough in advance, I'll announce our
wining/dining location to the list, so others might try to
meet up with us there.

I'm guessing that the Rock Bottom tavern on 5th and University
migiht be a suitable location, but I'm not sure what hotel
Damian's booked in yet.

What say you on that point, Mate?  D'ya reckon you'll be in
that part of downtown, like last time?

-Tim
| Tim Maher (206) 781-UNIX  (866) DOC-PERL  (866) DOC-UNIX   |
| CEO, JAWCAR ("Just Another White Camel Award Recipient")   |
| tim(AT)Consultix-Inc.Com  TeachMeUnix.Com  TeachMePerl.Com |