Neither do I [was Re: SPUG:-s option doesn't always work!]

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRunningWolf at att.net
Wed Jun 4 01:40:23 CDT 2003

SPUG-list-owner <tim at consultix-inc.com> writes:

>> >I don't use the -s invocation option very often, but for certain
>> >categories of students, I think it works well.

I guess the -s sitting on the shebang line is getting more work than
the whole rest of the shebang gang in the NW, sitting on our S...

Heck, if Larry Wall can't get his "s" to work, what hope do the rest
of us JAPH's have getting our "s" to work?

That's my view in the NW, how out in the S or the E or elsewhere?

[...]

> It can't be the economic situation that's drawing them, because Portland
> is right up there with Seattle in the top 3 nationwide for having the
> highest unemployment.  And most of those folks aren't working too much
> these days, from what I've heard.

Tim refers to OR, AK, and WA as the top 3 nationally ranked states for
unemployment. Anyone seen that broken down by sector? (I surely am
broken down by the IT sector [cue the rim shot -- ta-dum-dump].)

> By the way, Chris Nandor (pudge, of use.perl.org and Perl on Mac OSx
> fame), is moving to Washington soon, so we'll have one more guy on
> our team shortly! I've already talked to him about making a SPUGly
> presentation, which will be months off, but still something to look
> forward to.

There was a "Misery Loves Company" article in this weeks "Puget Sound
Business Journal".

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!