SPUG:Cheap 4-* Hotel for Oscon

SPUG-list-owner tim at consultix-inc.com
Tue Jun 3 11:59:44 CDT 2003

Hotel Scoop for Perl Conference attendees:

I scored the 4-* Hotel Vintage Plaza in downtown Portland,
within walking distance of the Conference's Marriott, last
night for $55 on priceline.com.  Its cheapest published price
is $115,  which is still cheaper than the Marriott conference
rate of $129, but I prefer the $55! 8-}

I'd rather be in the Marriott, because it's designed more for
business travelers than romantic weekends, and I'd prefer a
large functional desk over a room with a tiny one but 17 huge
pillows on the bed.  And, judging from my experience with the
"free wine tasting" at the Seattle location of the same hotel,
where they only pour two bottles of mediocre stuff to the
assembled multitudes, and provide seating for only six, the
Vintage Park's wine tasting is likely to be more of a tease
than a treat.

But I understand the tradeoffs I've made, and I'll be able to
buy my own *good* wine and come to some arrangement with the
pillow-forest for a savings of $416 over 5 nights (including
taxes and priceline.com service fees).

And this way I don't have to struggle with sleeping while
the reverberations of Ingy's party are cascading through the
walls! 8-}

Just thought somebody else might like to hear about this option,

-Tim
| Tim Maher (206) 781-UNIX  (866) DOC-PERL  (866) DOC-UNIX   |
| CEO, JAWCAR ("Just Another White Camel Award Recipient")   |
| tim(AT)Consultix-Inc.Com  TeachMeUnix.Com  TeachMePerl.Com |