SPUG:running personal perl script through ActiveState perl from cygwin

Creede Lambard creede at penguinsinthenight.com
Sun Jun 1 12:06:42 CDT 2003

Have you tried running

which perl

in bash to see whether bash knows about perl and where it thinks the
interpreter might be?

I was thinking that the shebang line is a Unix artifact that has no
meaning in NT Perl -- at least I've been able to lead off Perl scripts
with "#!/usr/bin/perl -w" on NT as long as I can remember with no ill
effects -- but that's running them from the NT command line, not bash,
and I have no idea what the differences between NT bash and Unix bash
are. It's been a long time since I've used cygwin.