SPUG: help with dynamic pdf forms

Alan alan at ufies.org
Mon Jul 14 14:08:46 CDT 2003

Howdy folks.  I have a project coming up involving filling data into PDF
forms created by a design firm.  I'm pretty sure that this can be done,
and hopefully relatively easily.

Basically what I need to do is take user input and insert it into a
pre-set position / form field in an already created static PDF.  I'm not
all that familiar with acrobat, but it has a "form field" tool that
allows creation of text fields, checkboxes, etc.  All I need to do is
take user input and stick it into those form fields (I only care about
the text fields).

Obviously creating the pdfs from scratch via PDF-Lib isn't an option.
Can anyone point me at whatever the in vogue tool / library for this is?

Regards and thanks from up north

alan

--
Alan <alan at ufies.org> - http://arcterex.net