SPUG:Need a BiDi TCP Tee

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Tue Feb 18 10:53:41 CST 2003

While these tools may not be exactly what you're looking for, they cover
this area very well. There may be higher level tools that reconstruct
application layer data (I think there's an smtp sniffer that uses
tcpdump, for example).

  tcpdump

    http://www.tcpdump.org/

    An all purpose traffic snooper

  netcat

    http://netcat.sf.net/

    The swiss-army knife of user-land socket tools

  socat

    http://www.dest-unreach.org/socat/

    socat is a relay for bidirectional data transfer between two
    independent data channels.

  netsed

    (Not sure where this is from, available in Debian)

    The network packet altering stream editor

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.