SPUG:using DBI::fetchrow_array(); to load another array

Marc M. Adkins Marc.M.Adkins at Doorways.org
Mon Feb 10 13:57:33 CST 2003

> One note I'd add to this:
>
> The hash keys are case sensitive, so you have to pay attention to the
> case of the field labels ... or do a 'select Blah as blah' in your
> query.  This has tripped me up a couple times where one field name was
> all caps when the rest of the table's fields were lower.

This is particularly important with PostgreSQL.  The current pgSQL DBI
driver (or the database itself, but I think it's the driver) forgets the
case of the column names.  They all come back lowercase, which means you
must either use lowercase when designing your database or handle the
translation everywhere in your code.

mma