SPUG:using DBI::fetchrow_array(); to load another array

Creede Lambard creede at penguinsinthenight.com
Mon Feb 10 11:32:38 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 05:04, Chris Wilkes wrote:
> Later on in the perldoc for DBI it has
> 	$ary_ref  = $sth->fetchall_arrayref;
> which I think is what you're thinking about.

For some reason I have better luck with fetchrow_hashref. Same general
idea, just returns a hash reference to the row you're looking for.

my $query = "select * from foo";
my $sth = $dbh->prepare($query);
$sth->execute;
while (my $row = $sth->fetchrow_hashref()) {
    print Dumper $row;
}

Members of $row are accessed by dereffing the hash, e.g. $row->{id} .

--
` / V \  . Creede Lambard                : error in /usr/bin/breakfast -

Perl Programmer and Linux Sysadmin, reasonable rates. Inquire within.
GPG key at http://www.penguinsinthenight.com/creede_public_key.asc