SPUG: cp --recursive --preserve ftp-site1/* ftp-site2/

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Wed Dec 17 16:08:36 CST 2003

I'm trying to replicate the entire directory structure of one ftp site
on another ftp site. I only have FTP access to the sites, no
shell-level login.

I've looked at a few FTP applications (LapLink FTP, WS_FTP...) at
download.com, but they only let me specify the source *or* the
destination, not *both*.

I also looked at wget, from GNU, available on cygwin. The --mirror
option looked good, but only if I could login to the destination
machine. I cant. Where's it's twin -- wput?

In other words, how do I do this:
    cp --recursive --preserve --force ftp-site1/* ftp-site2/

Ideas?

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!