SPUG: C is a scripting language???

David Dyck david.dyck at fluke.com
Mon Dec 8 00:42:59 CST 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 at 12:21 -0800, Michael R. Wolf <MichaelRWolf at att.net> wrote:

> I've started getting Google alerts for the keyword "Perl", a beta
> service of Google Labs http://www.google.com/newsalerts.

 Thanks for pointing out another of google's new features!

> The following alert ....
>
>     ... Many sites use Perl as their scripting language, but our
>     company chose C because we felt it was more flexible in the long
>     term. ... <http://webdesign.about.com/library/weekly/aa040698.htm>

I guess that this is one of the reasons that these newsalerts are
still beta, as they can't always tell if a web page re-publishes them
from the past, as this one was.
You can see in
   http://webdesign.about.com/library/weekly/mprev98.htm
titled "Articles from 1998 "

a link from
    04/06/98 - What is a Webmaster?
    Do you know what a professional Webmaster does all day?
to your article in question
 http://webdesign.about.com/library/weekly/aa040698.htm

The article's author Jennifer Kyrnin <http://webdesign.about.com/mbiopage.htm>
does list her Perl Guide picks on
  http://webdesign.about.com/cs/perl/
and a google search
  http://www.google.com/search?q=Jennifer+Kyrnin+perl
returned 61 links.  Perhaps we will hear from her soon.....