SPUG: C is a scripting language???

Brian Hatch bri at ifokr.org
Sun Dec 7 15:39:30 CST 2003

> The following alerg made me wonder/snicker....
>
>     ... Many sites use Perl as their scripting language, but our
>     company chose C because we felt it was more flexible in the long
>     term. ... <http://webdesign.about.com/library/weekly/aa040698.htm>

If you read the rest of the page, you'll see that this person
is very enlightened and believes in programming for multiple
browsers.  She has netscape 1.0 => 4.04 and IE 3 and 4!
Very up to date!

Perhaps this was written a while back...

> If you have to be stuck in a gear, first gear is the one to choose,
> but who needs to write CGI in C? Perl is written in C. That's good
> enough for me. So much for rapid.

My first CGIs were all in C.  I wrote some great stuff in it,
including huge dynamic, authenticated, threaded message board
sites back in 1995.

Then again, I can write those same CGIs now in 60 lines of
perl...

--
Brian Hatch                  "We only ordered one at the store,
   Systems and                but we got two anyway."

Every message PGP signed