SPUG: pack and unpack

Ben Reser ben at reser.org
Wed Aug 27 17:45:24 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 03:04:31PM -0700, Richard Wood wrote:
> Ben, your code is certainly cleaner and seems to be
> heading me in the right direction.  I don't seem to be
> getting good values out but that just requires more
> thought and experimentation. (by the way did you mean
> to use an "A" instead of a "Z" for ASCII?  Z is not a
> meta character in pack.

According to perldoc -f pack it is:
Z   A null terminated (ASCIZ) string, will be null padded.

It's been a while since I used (un)?pack so it might be one of the ones
that are only usable in pack and not unpack...

I didn't test the code I sent so I can't say for sure it worked.  If I
had a sample file of what I was parsing I might get further...

--
Ben Reser <ben at reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"What upsets me is not that you lied to me, but that from now on I can
no longer believe you." -- Nietzsche