SPUG: request help with consultation rate

Ashok Misra ashok_palihill at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 09:51:57 CDT 2003

Greetings spugsters!

A company in the Bay area has approached me to work as a consultant at their
site to build a processing system for posting transactions to certain types
of Overseas Bank Accounts.

All work has to be done on site due to security reasons.  I estimate my
portion of the development to take about 12 weeks. Local lodging & dining
expenses , weekly to & fro air fare to fly to the Bay area from seattle is
borne by the client.

I am having some difficulty in quoting a competitive rate since I have never
worked as a consultant before.

If anyone has worked as a consultant in the Bay Area or has an idea on how
to work out a competetive rate I would really appreciate your help. I would
request you to email me a contact phone number so I could discuss the
details with you.

If I learn any generic information on consulatation rates in this process I
will be glad to share that with anyone interested.

Thanks in anticipation

Best Regards
Ashok

Ashok Misra