SPUG: Regex/matching-op Problem

Brian Hatch spug-list at l.ifokr.org
Thu Aug 14 18:47:59 CDT 2003

> My brain has fallen down, and it can't get back up!
>
> I can't figure out why this program won't match two sentences in the same
> line, as with the "rejoicing" one. See another source of confusion in final
> comments way below.

I don't understand what you want to do, can you tell us what you
want to see as output?

With no changes, I get this output:

"
And so it came to pass that The Larry blessed a Ponie,
and appointed brave knights, armed with the Sticks of the Riddle, to
guide her.
And there was great rejoicing among JAPHs everywhere.

And much grog was
quenched.
But there was no quenching by The Damian,
who graciously bequeathed his share to Yumpy the Certifier.
"

--
Brian Hatch                  "Gods by the bushel!
   Systems and                Gods by the pound!

Every message PGP signed