SPUG: FW: Giving up on computer jobs & usefulness ofplacementfirms

Hartman, Karl B karl.b.hartman at boeing.com
Thu Aug 14 11:52:28 CDT 2003

However, I forgot to add, the few times I went out to job hunting, the first interviews were with HR and they all asked the same thing, "Do you have any certifications?"  This is because almost all HR folks in large corporations and are there to screen applicants, little or no knowledge of what is really needed to perform most jobs in the company.  As noted, with electronic resumes, they have already been filtered for the appropriate words/phrases.

Karl