SPUG: Closing HTTP::Daemon port

Marc M. Adkins Marc.M.Adkins at Doorways.org
Wed Aug 13 23:59:03 CDT 2003

> Quoth Ben Reser:
>
> Add ReuseAddr => 1 to your call to new for HTTP::Daemon.

Hah!  I just (and I mean JUST) found that myself whilst trolling through
IO::Socket::INET documentation.  I was just returning to my email (still
sadly on my Windows box) to write up the answer...

Thanks for looking.  Really.  If I had been just a little less motivated I'd
have been forever in your debt.  ;)

BTW, an interesting side note.  I had an 'old' server running without the
flag.  Then I started a 'new' server _with_ the flag.  It waited for 60
seconds.  Then I started it again and it went right away.  So the flag has
to be set on the existing server as well as the server coming along behind
it.  Well, that's what I think, anyway.  I admit I didn't do exhaustive
testing on this, being basically lazy and just durn glad to have a solution
to the problem.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.  I KNEW there was a magic cookie.

mma

ps  thanks to Andrew Sweger as well, 'preciate the time