SPUG: Giving up on computer jobs & usefulness of placement firms

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Wed Aug 13 09:34:19 CDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

> We welcome people from all writing styles. That doesn't mean businesses
> will.
>
> A poor writer sounds dumb. Whether or not they are really dumb doesn't
> make a difference. If you sound dumb, then the recruiter and the hiring
> manager are going to think you are dumb.

As I said, your point on the matter of job hunting was well taken. But
there is no call in personally attacking a member of this list (which is
the point I am attempting to get across to you).

Personally, I tend to not hire folks that are slow learners rather than
those that don't have the right look/sound/writing/etc. Of course,
impressing these ideals on HR is an ongoing challenge at most companies.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.