SPUG:Fw: MOSS meeting May 3rd, 2-5 pm (Open Source social)

Brian Ingerson ingy at ttul.org
Tue Apr 22 16:44:34 CDT 2003

----- Forwarded message from Kevin Altis <altis at semi-retired.com> -----

From: "Kevin Altis" <altis at semi-retired.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:21:10 -0700
To: "Brian Ingerson" <ingy at ttul.org>
Cc: "Ward Cunningham" <ward at c2.com>, "Oso Martin" <oso at freegeek.org>,
       ptkwt at aracnet.com, chromatic at oreilly.com, pundit at teleport.com,
       cooper at cooper.stevenson.name, "Allan Abravanel" <abraa at perkinscoie.com>,
       joejava at attbi.com, bart at cs.pdx.edu, "Pete Mackie" <pete at seaquest.com>,
       "Charlie Kawasaki" <ck at softwarediligence.com>,
       "'Rose Marshall'" <marshall at aracnet.com>,
       "'Rich Bader'" <richb at easystreet.com>, "'Larry Wade'" <larry at sao.org>,
       "Michael Lee Squires" <michael at squiresconsulting.com>
Subject: MOSS meeting May 3rd, 2-5 pm (Open Source social)

For up-to-date information and links, please see the MOSS home page:

  http://moss.freepan.org/

Information from the home page is duplicated below. We look forward to
seeing you at the first MOSS meeting! Please distribute this announcement to
your user groups, friends and co-workers involved in open source. Everyone
is welcome. If you have questions, please email Kevin Altis at the address
below.

ka
---
Kevin Altis
altis at semi-retired.com
http://altis.pycs.net/

The first MOSS meeting will be held at the Lucky Lab on May 3rd from 2-5 pm.
This is your opportunity to meet other Open Source developers and advocates
in Oregon. If you want to confirm that you're attending, please add your
name to the Attendees page.

  http://moss.freepan.org/index.cgi?Attendees

WHO:
  Anyone interested in Open Source in Oregon. We expect developers and
advocates of well known projects like Apache, Linux, Perl, PHP, Python,
Ruby, MySQL, and PostgreSQL, as well as lesser-known projects to attend.
There will also be people involved in the Oregon Open Source bill (HB 2892)
and the Personal Telco wireless project attending.

WHAT:
  MOSS social. There will be a brief intro at the beginning, but otherwise
this will be a social meeting without a fixed agenda. We will provide a
white board and wiki to capture who attended and what projects they are
involved in. Wireless connectivity will likely not be available at this
first event. If we are able to arrange wireless for the event, we will post
an update on this page.

WHERE:
  Lucky Labrador Brew Pub (Directions)

  http://www.luckylab.com/lab_trans.html

  915 SE Hawthorne Boulevard
  Portland, Oregon 97214
  (503)236-3555

WHEN:
  May 3rd, from 2-5 PM (Saturday afternoon)

WHY:
  Meet other people working on Open Source projects in the Portland Metro
Area. If you have an interest in promoting Open Source in Oregon or just
want to find out what Open Source developers on Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris,
Windows, etc. are doing in Oregon then this is the place to be.

The Lucky Lab has food, beer, and wine (menu).

  http://www.luckylab.com/lab_menu.html

* * *
Neither the Lucky Lab or organizers will be responsible for lost or stolen
goods. We don't recommend that you bring any equipment unless you are
willing to keep track of it yourself.
* * *

----- End forwarded message -----