SPUG:Best One-Liners and Scripts for UNIX

Brian Hatch spug at ifokr.org
Fri Apr 18 12:17:35 CDT 2003

> 	english (first person in line, not the zero'th, right)

No, that'd be American.  In English, the people are in a queue.

I actually have been caught by zero-based thinking in the past.
I once was coding non stop for about 80 hours, and knew when
I woke up that I'd have 4 things to do.  I woke the next
afternoon, tried to remember the things, and as I said them
out loud to myself ticked off a finger.  I held up 4 fingers
by the end, and couldn't remember what the last thing I needed
to remember was, because looking at 4 fingers I saw the number '3'.

--
Brian Hatch                  I hate to stand
   Systems and                between a man

Every message PGP signed