SPUG: less noisy spot for after-meet gathering?

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRunningWolf at att.net
Mon Nov 25 20:09:56 CST 2002

m3047 at inwa.net (Fred Morris) writes:

> Michael R. Wolf writes:
> >my $threshhold = 70;
> >my %importance = (udist      => 10,
> >                  beer       => 5,
> >                  talkable   => 20,
> >                  breathable => 50
> >                 );
>
> A simple constraint analysis indicates that for this customer breathable is
> a drop-dead requirement, not subject to cost-benefit analysis. ;-)

If you can't breathe, nothing else matters.
  -- Quote from American Lung Association fund drive envelope.

[...]

> Yeah, I don't know how much the U Dist really matters to me, either. How
> many people walk, and how many drive?

U Dist isn't really important.  What's important is that we can get
there while the topic's still hot.  To that end, the Safeco cafeteria,
just down the hall from the auditorium is optimal -- close,
non-smoking, talkable.  I'm not sure about their beer policy.  Of
course, we haven't been invited, either......

I really like the flow of this

Dinner and pre-meeting talk (@ Cedars)
  walk to
SPUG meeting (@ Safeco)
  walk to
post-meeting talk (@ TBD)

Let's keep the "walk to" as a constraint that facilitates discussion.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRunningWolf at att.net