SPUG: Dec. Array(bio) Meeting

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Nov 21 15:59:23 CST 2002

Tim,

The following announcement may be of interest to SPUG members. Colin was
kind enough to post an announcement for our October meeting and several
SPUG members attended. If you want to provide announcements for upcoming
SPUG meetings we would be happy to pass it on to our members.

Thanks,

Eric Olson

December Meeting for array(bio)

Mission Statement
array(bio) provides a forum for biologists, software developers and
business people to network and exchange information about the emerging
field of bioinformation. Our meetings cover topics of general interest
to the creation and development of software tools for biological discovery.

December 10th Meeting
"XML: The Future Language of Biology"
Matthew T. Zeigler, IBM Life Sciences

XML (Extensible Markup Language) is the universal format for structured
documents and data on the web. Several leading organizations such as
European Bioinformatics Institute, LION Biosciences (NetGenics), Rosetta
Biosoftware have proposed new standards for defining biological
information for use with XML. Matt will help us understand the current
status these standards and discuss future biological applications based
on XML.

Date: December 10, 2002 Time: 7:00PM to 9:00PM

Location
Lake Washington Rowing Club:
910 N. Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98103

Pre registration is not required, but we would like to get an idea of
how many to expect.

For more information or to let us know that you plan on attending please
contact -

Eric Olson
Phone: 206.336.5607
Email: eric at vizxlabs.com