SPUG: Corrected date for meeting

SPUG-list-owner tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Nov 18 12:22:53 CST 2002

         November 2002 Seattle Perl Users Group Meeting

   Speaker: Brian Ingerson
            ingy at cpan.com, www.ttul.org

      Time: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 7-9pm
  Location: SAFECO bldg, Brooklyn St. and NE 45th St.

      Cost: Admission is free and open to the general public.
      Info: http://seattleperl.org/

About the Talk: "Ingy's Cornucopia"
---------------
October and November have been very busy months for me. I have released 3
new Perl modules (including a my own version control system), overhauled
and released Inline.pm, and even attended the Ruby conference. This talk
will be a whirlwind tour of my various modules, what they do, why I wrote
them, where they are headed and how they are all interrelated. I'll also
talk about my overarching vision for the Perl community, and why I do
what I do.  Topics will include (not necessarily in this order):

  * Inline
    * YAML
      * Inline::YAML
        * Inline-0.44
          * Inline-0.50
            * Inline::CPR
              * Inline.rb
                * YAML.rb
                  * Data::Denter
                    * HashBang
                      * HashBang-ParrotScript
                        * YourBrainForOnceDude
                          * HashBang-YourBrainForOnceDude
                            * CPAN::MakeMaker
                              * I Have A Dream
                                * FreePAN
                                  * SWIG.pm
                                    * VCS-SaVes

About the Speaker:
-----------------
Brian "ingy" Ingerson has been a computer programmer for 20 years, and
a Perl programmer for 5. In the past two years he has been very active
in the Perl Community, speaking at most of the major Perl conferences,
and several Perl Mongers meetings. He is responsible for starting the
Inline series of modules which currently bind Perl seamlessly to over
15 other programming languages.

Pre- and Post- Meeting Activities
---------------------------------
The recommended pre-meeting diner is the Cedars restaurant,
at 50th St. and Brooklyn, in the University District, near the
Safeco building where the meeting will take place. The phone
number is 527-5247. If you're planning to be there, please post a
message to the list with your expected arrival time (5:30-5:45pm
is recommended).

As usual, those seeking liquid input before (and/or after) the
meeting are invited to congregate at the nearby Finn MacCool's
tavern, at 4217 University Ave. North, (206) 675-0885.

See the web-site for more details.

| Tim Maher, Ph.D.            tim at timmaher.org       |
| JAWCAR ("Just Another White Camel Award Recipient" |
| SPUG Founder & Leader       spug at seattleperl.org   |
| Seattle Perl Users Group    www.seattleperl.org    |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org

----- End forwarded message -----