SPUG: /var/log/messages

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Thu May 30 18:16:55 CDT 2002

For many environments, this is an excellent approach to handling audit and
debugging information (especially if you're trying to analyze information
from several hosts). Use one of the many syslog interface modules. Do not
write directly to the log file.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org