SPUG: Re: New subscriber

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu May 23 22:56:21 CDT 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:24:36PM +1000, Luke Burton wrote:

You joined a Seattle-based list to find job openings in Sydney?  Egads,
you must be pretty desperate!  Only 2 of our 400+ members (one being
"The Damian") hails from your "down under", so I'm afraid you're not
likely to get many leads here.  Unless you hail from Sydney, Idaho!
(Not as implausible as it may sound; I hear they've got their own Paris
and perhaps Delhi over there!)

In any case, welcome to the list, and best of luck to you! 8-}

-Tim
|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.            tim at timmaher.org      |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader       spug at seattleperl.org  |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group    www.seattleperl.org   |

> Hi there,
>
> I just thought I would introduce myself. I have been a perl user for
> many years. Most recently I was working at Deutsche Bank in Sydney,
> doing largish systems (30,000 lines). Mostly using the classic Perl +
> CGI + SQL combination for writing frontends, but also some C++ and Java
> thrown in as well.
>
> I can also be found on perlmonks.org as 'hagus'.
>
> I was especially interested in subscribing to this list because I
> thought some people might be able to comment on whether Perl contract
> opportunities exist in Sydney. DB just cut a bunch of staff (myself
> included), so it would be cool to find some dedicated Perl work right
> about now.
>
> Regards,
>
> Luke.

|  Tim Maher, CEO, CONSULTIX  (206) 781-UNIX; (866) DOC-PERL; (866) DOC-LINUX  |
|   tim at consultix-inc.com  teachmeunix.com  teachmeperl.com  teachmelinux.net  |
|   JUNE: Basic UNIX, Minimal Perl, Perl Modules;  JULY: OO Perl Fundamentals  |
| NEW Seminar Series!  "DAMIAN CONWAY's Adv. Perl Workshop";   Seattle 7/15-19 |
|  Adv. OOP  *  Adv. Module Techniques  *  Programming Perl 6  *  Text Parsing |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org