SPUG: Extreme Programming Meeting Thursday: Refactoring and Design Patterns

Asim Jalis asimjalis at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 12:14:39 CDT 2002

Marc M. Adkins wrote:
> Is this the monthly SPUG meeting or something
> else? Is it basically Perl folks?  I'd like to
> meet some fellow mad scientists (anyone still
> coding in Perl must be _crazy_, right?)...

Mark,

This is not the SPUG meeting. You can find
information about the SPUG meeting at
http://www.zipcon.net/spug/ according to which the
May meeting is on 5/21.

The announcement I posted earlier was about the
Extreme Programming meeting. This meeting is for
programmers who wear Matrix-style shades and write
code while jumping off a planes, connected to
their laptops with bungie cords.

Spiderman was not available for the May meeting
so instead we will have Alan Shalloway talk about
how to refactor your code to evolutionarily find
design patterns in it.

The meetings are language independent. The focus
is on how to produce clean flawless code and how
to manage the chaos of software projects. Search
Google for "Extreme Programming" to get more
details. There are some books on it too.

Asim

http://health.yahoo.com

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org