SPUG: perl2exe perl-cgi file size problem

Daryn Nakhuda daryn at marinated.org
Thu May 2 13:48:43 CDT 2002

out of curiosity, why do you want the file smaller?

It sounds like you're saying 700k is a large web file, by which I'm guessing
you mean to download.. keep in mind that the filesize of the perl script
isn't what the user downloads, they just get the output of your script,
which is the same as it was from the 14k version.

There's other reasons for smaller files I could think of, like your disk
quota, or possibly memory usage, and I don't have an answer for those, but
just wanted to make sure you're worried for the right reasons :)

-daryn

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org