SPUG: TLS SSL FTP

Bryan Dees nbhd at airborne.com
Mon Mar 18 11:58:55 CST 2002

Hello,

Has anyone found a decent 'unix' command shell client or Perl mod that can be
scripted for use with TLS SSL FTP?

I've tried a couple that I found, lftp and ftps by BSD. The BSD client works
extremely well if you dont disable the login using '-n' and attempt to script
it. When you turn on the '-n' parameter the client no longer attempts to
establish the TLS handshake and throws the client into clear text FTP.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Bryan Dees
Unix Systems Analyst
Airborne Express