SPUG: RV site recommendations?

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRunningWolf at att.net
Wed Jun 26 15:53:02 CDT 2002

Some folks may remember that my previous Seattle arrival was on
bicycle.  This time, I've gotten bigger -- we're in our RV.  It's been
our full time home for over a year, but we're looking to get more
permanent (i.e. less mobile) living arrangements in the Seattle area
after we "get the red out" of our cash flow.  In the mean time, we
plan to use the RV as our home while we continue the job hunt.

Do you have a recommendation for good locations?  Some "nice to have"
qualities for a site would include:
    quiet sleeping hours
    shade
    green surroundings
    hot shower
    internet access (i.e. dial-up, cable, DSL)
    running water
    sewer
    electricity

Although much of this is attainable in a trailer park or camp ground,
many of the utility constraints can be relaxed in order to spend our
final RV days in a less residental setting:

  house sitting a mansion for a summer-traveling millionaire
  any kind of night security (construction site, day camp, marina)
  wooded lot, future site for a log-cabin mansion
  forest, mansion to the wood nymphs
  alpine meadow, Momma Nature's ultimate mansion with a view

Basically, we're looking for a fun place to live that's economical and
has reasonable access (car, bus, bike) to job hunting.

To make it fun, and to show our appreciation, there's a cold beer or
hot dinner in it for wildly creative ideas, especially if they work
out.

And you'll have the inner satisfaction of knowing that you've helped
keep an aspiring SPUG member from sleeping in the street (in our RV
outside my freind's house, where we've worn our welcome thin, and
probably violated the local zoning ordinances).

Thanks,
Michael Wolf

P.S.  Although poor reception occasionally prevents our cell phone
from ringing, we can pick up messages you leave on 732-809-3613.  It's
probably a more reliable connection until we establish stable internet
access.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!