SPUG: software libertarianism

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes sthoenna at efn.org
Sun Jun 16 01:08:36 CDT 2002

Colin Meyer <cmeyer at helvella.org> wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 06:47:53PM -0700, Asim Jalis wrote:
>> While there are some solutions to this they are
>> all fat. Class::Multimethods and Class::Struct
>> make classes slow and expensive to use. It would
>> be nice if these features were supported in raw
>> Perl through something like "use strict".
>
>There's Tie::SecureHash. (Disclaimer: I haven't used it, other than
>tinkering, but enjoyed the lecture at TPC a couple of years ago.) It's
>model is run with slow, tied, very strict objects during devel and
>testing; untie for speed at deployment.

Also, from 5.8.0's perldelta.pod:
=head2 Restricted Hashes

A restricted hash is restricted to a certain set of keys, no keys
outside the set can be added.  Also individual keys can be restricted
so that the key cannot be deleted and the value cannot be changed.
No new syntax is involved: the Hash::Util module is the interface.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org