SPUG: software libertarianism (was: Scope question)

Pommert, Daniel Daniel.Pommert at verizonwireless.com
Thu Jun 13 14:50:50 CDT 2002

As a PS to my previous note:

Another big problem with Perl is its sigma.  I have known good OO developers
that turned up their nose at learning Perl (very well) because they didn't
want to venture into a "script" language.  In the project I just mentioned
(in the late '90s) it was very hard to find good Perl developers who could
work on something large, much less do it in an OO fashion.

-- Daniel Pommert
  Verizon Wireless
  425-603-8612

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org