SPUG: remote synchronization

Mako Hill mako at debian.org
Wed Jun 12 01:37:44 CDT 2002

> Is anyone aware of any simple tools for doing file *synchronization*
> between directories on remote Unix boxes -- preferably using SSL
> connections?

rsync great it but it's really only works one direction. If you want
true bidirectional support you're going to need to need to look
elsewhere.

I've heard that caching network filesystems like "coda" are good. I've
also heard intermezzo and Unison do the trick. I've never used any of
these (I like CVS) but I've heard a couple discussions of this sort of
thing on other lists and I thought it might be helfpul. Hope this has
been helfpul.

--
B. Mako Hill
mako at debian.org