SPUG: Perl 5.8.0 Release Candidate 1 available

Ben Reser ben at reser.org
Sun Jun 2 12:39:57 CDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 10:29:10PM -0700, Marc M. Adkins wrote:
> =head1 Perl 5.8.0 Release Candidate 1
>
> The Perl 5 developer team is pleased to announce the Release Candidate 1
> of Perl 5.8.0.

Do we really need to post in POD?  Would it have been all that hard to
run this through pod2text before posting to the list?  While not as bad
as HTML, POD isn't directly supported by any email client and since you
set the content type to text/plain even if my email client was
configured to run pod2text over a text/pod document I still would have
just seen it as text.

</rant>

--
Ben Reser <ben at reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org