SPUG: Math Geniuses

Orr, Chuck (NOC) chuck.orr at attws.com
Thu Jul 25 15:30:41 CDT 2002

Hello All,

Thank you for the great responses.  I am really impressed with the
willingness to help out and the skill and thought process behind the many
appears that this will be a difficult, if not impossible task.  I have over
1000 different numbers to stick in at the end of the equation, all of which
are between 1 and 3 million.  I need a unique solution for each of these
numbers, which is unattainable without more information (that I probably
can't get.)  If this sparks anyone's interest, I can provide a little more
information about the whole project and maybe someone will pick up on
something I am missing.  For the example provided, I already had the
"correct answer", and it is provided by each of the scripts that you folks
have been kind enough to send me.  Unfortunately, so are 14 of its friends
that are also correct.  Please email or give me a call if this interests you
and you have time to dig deeper, I don't want to clog up the list with my
problem.

Thanks again for the incredible responses,
Chuck
425 288 2386
chuck.orr at attws.com

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org