SPUG: Re: Compiling Perl-5.8.0 for Windows XP

Richard Anderson richard at richard-anderson.org
Mon Jul 22 00:00:04 CDT 2002

My experience with installing Perl from scratch on HP-UX suggests that it
may be a 1-2 day nightmare.  Perl was developed for Unix and the people at
ActiveState have done a lot of work to get it working in the Windows
environment.  You would be prudent to use only ActiveState builds of Perl on
Windows.

Cheers,
Richard
richard at richard-anderson.org