SPUG: Damian talk, and Dinner Tuesday

SPUG-list-owner tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Jul 15 23:19:27 CDT 2002

           July 2002 Seattle Perl User's Group Meeting
     Title: "An Evening with The Damian"
   Speaker: Dr. Damian Conway
      Time: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 7-9pm
  Location: SAFECO bldg, Brooklyn St. and NE 45th St.
      Cost: Admission is free and open to the general public.
      Info: http://seattleperl.org/

On Tuesday, July 16th, "The Damian" will be entertaining and enlightening
us with his new show-stopping talk, "Time::Space::Continuum", which debuted
on 6/28 at YAPC::NA (see http://teachmeperl.com/tsc_review.html for a review).

Needless to say, it's another brain-buster, along the lines of his famous
"Quantum Superpositions" talk.  You won't want to miss it!

I'll be selling black Perl Mongers T-shirts during the break for $20 each,
so please bring correct change if you want one (mostly XL, but a few L also).

TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES with DAMIAN

Also of note is that Damian is teaching three seminars in Kirkland this
week, on "Advanced OO Perl", "Advanced Module Implementation Techniques",
and "Programming Perl 6".  Some seats remain in all seminars, and details
are at http://teachmeperl.com.

DINING OPPORTUNITIES with DAMIAN

The pre-meeting dinner will be held at the Cedars restaurant, at 50th
St. and Brooklyn, in the University District, near the Safeco building
where the meeting will take place. The phone number is 527-5247.
Tim and Damian should be there around 5:45pm, traffic permitting.
If you're planning to be there, please email tim at teachmeperl.com with
your expected arrival time so we can reserve sufficient room.

As usual, those wishing to socialize before/after the talk are invited to
congregate at the Bigtime Brewery and Alehouse, for the usual debriefing
session after the meeting.  See the SPUG web-site for more details.

|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.            tim at timmaher.org      |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader       spug at seattleperl.org  |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group    www.seattleperl.org   |
|  Tim Maher, CEO, CONSULTIX  (206) 781-UNIX; (866) DOC-PERL; (866) DOC-LINUX  |
|   tim at consultix-inc.com  teachmeunix.com  teachmeperl.com  teachmelinux.net  |
| 7/29:D'base w/Perl 8/19:UNIX  8/26:Perl Prog  9/18:Int Perl  9/23:Sh & Utils |
| NEW Seminar Series!  "DAMIAN CONWAY's Adv. Perl Workshop";   Seattle 7/15-18 |
|          Adv. OOP  *  Adv. Module Techniques  *  Programming Perl 6          |

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org