SPUG: July Mtg: Damian on "Time::Space::Continuum"

Marvin Crippen mcrip at cac.washington.edu
Mon Jul 15 15:48:40 CDT 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Tim Maher wrote:
> The pre-meeting dinner will be held at the Cedars restaurant, at 50th
> St. and Brooklyn, in the University District, near the Safeco building
> where the meeting will take place. The phone number is 527-5247.
> Tim and Damian should be there around 5:45pm, traffic permitting.
> If you're planning to be there, please email tim at teachmeperl.com with
> your expected arrival time so we can reserve sufficient room.

A quick note on traffic, parts of the "Ave" (University Way) are closed
for construction.  At this point it's the lower half between Campus
Parkway and 41st but they'll be working north over the next, ahhh 16
months (yes the project is scheduled to last till February of 2004).

If you take a bus to or from the meeting all the busses that used to go
up the Ave are being rerouted up 15th.  If you're not bussing this could
have an impact on the traffic, depending on when you're coming in.

See http://transit.metrokc.gov/bus/bulletins/sr_univwayclosure.html for
more info.

> As usual, those wishing to socialize after the talk are invited to
> congregate at the Bigtime Brewery and Alehouse, for the usual debriefing
> session after the meeting.  See the SPUG web-site for more details.

If anyone is interested I'll be hanging out at the Bigtime before the
meeting, starting around 5:30.  Look for a guy with a really long ponytail
and a perl pocket reference sitting on the table.

--
Marvin Crippen
mcrip at cac.washington.edu
DO-IT Program http://www.washington.edu/doit/
(206) 221-4166

 It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
 It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed,
 The hands acquire shaking, the shaking become a warning.
 It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org