SPUG: helping spammers (was: Two errors I need hashing out)

Susanne Bullo sweetsue at sweethomes.com
Wed Jan 16 10:11:41 CST 2002

Oh, wow.  It occurred to me that my project does look like that.  And
coupled with the blacklisting I have right now for the spam flying through
my servers, that looks really bad.  I feel the need to explain the project -
it's not for spamming but rather for a project by a fellow who needs to have
safelist submission automated.  From what I understand (and I went through
and joined several to see exactly how they worked), you must actually join
and wish to join a safelist in order to receive emails from it.  Therefore,
it is requested information and not spam.

I wanted to assure people that I do not condone spam - it's become a pain in
the backside for me as of late what with thousands and thousands of bounce
messages and hundreds of remove messages for things I have no control over.
Trying to completely pinpoint this has been a major headache.

Anyway, I hope I've cleared things up.  I certainly do not want to be
labeled for something I'm not doing.

Susanne Bullo - Sweet Homes